CSS3: The Missing Manual (3rd Edition) by David McFarland
By David McFarland
CSS3 allows you to create professional-looking web content, yet studying its finer issues may be tricky—even for professional net builders. This lacking guide exhibits you ways to take your HTML and CSS abilities to the following point, with helpful information, methods, and step by step directions. You’ll quick the way to construct web content that glance nice and run speedy on units and monitors of all sizes.
The vital things you have to know:
• Start with the basics. Write CSS3-friendly HTML, together with the HTML5 tags well-known via today’s browsers.
• Apply real-world design. structure textual content, create navigation instruments, and increase pages with pics.
• Make your pages lively. Create crowd pleasing animations and provides your viewers appealing tables and types.
• Take keep an eye on of web page layouts. Use expert layout innovations reminiscent of floats and positioning.
• Look nice on any device. Craft web content that adapt to computing device, capsule, and cellular browsers.
• Get complicated techniques. Use CSS3 extra successfully and successfully, and make sure that your websites glance reliable while published.
Read or Download CSS3: The Missing Manual (3rd Edition) PDF
Best web development books
Even if internet parts are nonetheless at the bleeding edge—barely supported in glossy browsers—the know-how can be relocating super speedy. This sensible advisor will get you up to the mark at the options underlying W3C's rising average and exhibits you the way to construct customized, reusable HTML5 internet parts.
The Ruby Programming Language is the authoritative consultant to Ruby and gives entire assurance of types 1. eight and 1. nine of the language.
It was once written (and illustrated! ) by way of an all-star team:
• Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto, author, fashion designer and lead developer of Ruby and writer of Ruby in a Nutshell, which has been multiplied and revised to turn into this book.
Why the fortunate stiff, artist and Ruby programmer extraordinaire. This ebook starts off with a quick-start educational to the language, after which explains the language intimately from the ground up: from lexical and syntactic constitution to datatypes to expressions and statements and on via tools, blocks, lambdas, closures, sessions and modules.
The e-book additionally features a lengthy and thorough creation to the wealthy API of the Ruby platform, demonstrating -- with heavily-commented instance code -- Ruby's amenities for textual content processing, numeric manipulation, collections, input/output, networking, and concurrency. a complete bankruptcy is dedicated to Ruby's metaprogramming capabilities.
The Ruby Programming Language records the Ruby language definitively yet with no the formality of a language specification. it truly is written for skilled programmers who're new to Ruby, and for present Ruby programmers who are looking to problem their knowing and bring up their mastery of the language.
- Smashing WordPress: Beyond the Blog
- CSS Secrets: Better Solutions to Everyday Web Design Problems
- Smashing WordPress Themes: Making WordPress Beautiful (Smashing Magazine Book Series)
- Google Visualization API Essentials
- Django by Example
- WordPress Multisite Administration
Extra info for CSS3: The Missing Manual (3rd Edition)
Unwrap() will remove tags that surround a given element. It does not accept any arguments; it simply finds the immediate parent element and removes it. unwrap(); This removes the parent elements (but leaves the text nodes intact), which alters the layout (see Figure 2-11). 47 Chapter 2 ■ Common jQuery Actions and Methods Figure 2-11. wrapAll() is used. Instead of individually wrapping each selected element with a new tag, it groups all selected elements and creates one wrapper around the whole group.
Traversing DOM Elements Traversal in jQuery is the act of moving from one DOM element to another; traversal is essentially another form of filtering performed after the initial selection has been made. This is useful because it allows developers to complete an action and then move to another part of the DOM without needing to perform another search by selector. It also aids developers in affecting the elements immediately surrounding an element that is being manipulated or otherwise utilized by a script.