By Ann Hewings
Grammar and Context:
- considers how grammatical offerings impact and are prompted via the context within which communique takes place
- examines the interplay of a wide selection of contexts – together with socio-cultural, situational and worldwide influences
- includes a number types of grammar – sensible, pedagogic, descriptive and prescriptive
- explores grammatical gains in a full of life number of communicative contexts, akin to advertisements, dinner-table speak, e mail and political speeches
- gathers jointly influential readings from key names within the self-discipline, together with: David Crystal, M.A.K. Halliday, Joanna Thornborrow, Ken Hyland and Stephen Levey.
The accompanying web site to this booklet are available at http://www.routledge.com/textbooks/0415310814/