Bootstrap by Jake Spurlock
By Jake Spurlock
Realize how effortless it truly is to layout killer interfaces and responsive web content with the Bootstrap framework. This functional e-book will get you began development pages with Bootstrap’s HTML/CSS-based instruments and layout templates at once. You’ll additionally easy methods to expand your app with interactive positive aspects, utilizing its suite of jQuery plugins—often with no writing a unmarried line of code.
• familiarize yourself with Bootstrap’s dossier constitution, grid platforms, and box layouts
• study HTML parts for typography, code, tables, types, buttons, photographs, and icons
• layout interfaces and different net components, corresponding to navigation, breadcrumbs, and customized modal windows
• Use jQuery plugins for beneficial properties similar to revolving slideshows, tabbable interfaces, and dropdown menus
• adjust every little thing from column count number to typography shades with the fewer stylesheet language
Read Online or Download Bootstrap PDF
Similar web development books
Even supposing internet elements are nonetheless at the bleeding edge—barely supported in smooth browsers—the know-how is usually relocating super quickly. This useful consultant will get you in control at the suggestions underlying W3C's rising ordinary and indicates you ways to construct customized, reusable HTML5 net elements.
The Ruby Programming Language is the authoritative advisor to Ruby and offers accomplished insurance of types 1. eight and 1. nine of the language.
It was once written (and illustrated! ) by means of an all-star team:
• Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto, writer, fashion designer and lead developer of Ruby and writer of Ruby in a Nutshell, which has been improved and revised to turn into this book.
Why the fortunate stiff, artist and Ruby programmer extraordinaire. This booklet starts with a quick-start instructional to the language, after which explains the language intimately from the ground up: from lexical and syntactic constitution to datatypes to expressions and statements and on via equipment, blocks, lambdas, closures, sessions and modules.
The e-book additionally features a lengthy and thorough creation to the wealthy API of the Ruby platform, demonstrating -- with heavily-commented instance code -- Ruby's amenities for textual content processing, numeric manipulation, collections, input/output, networking, and concurrency. a complete bankruptcy is dedicated to Ruby's metaprogramming capabilities.
The Ruby Programming Language files the Ruby language definitively yet with out the formality of a language specification. it really is written for knowledgeable programmers who're new to Ruby, and for present Ruby programmers who are looking to problem their knowing and bring up their mastery of the language.
- The Web Designer's Idea Book: The Ultimate Guide To Themes, Trends & Styles In Website Design
- The Elements of Internet Style: The New Rules of Creating Valuable Content for Today's Readers
- The CSS3 Anthology: Take Your Sites to New Heights
- Outsmarting Google: SEO Secrets to Winning New Business (Que Biz-Tech)
Extra resources for Bootstrap
Comparison of Popular Interest We have chosen Symfony, CakePHP, and Zend Framework due to their popularity in the web developers' community, including our own experience in PHP. We believe that open source programming tools show at least some correlation between their popularity and quality because they are used only if they are really useful. In that way they are different from things like proprietary software or pop music, in which quality can be easily replaced by aggressive marketing as the popularity gaining factor.
Chess players love to talk about various openings and gambits, and programmers can learn a lot by exchanging knowledge of design patterns as well. And even more important, if you want another programmer to add some functionality to a fixed class and then tell him to use the Decorator pattern, you can expect that it will be done the way you want it rather than with a random makeshift solution. Thus design patterns have a great potential for preventing future problems. Model-View-Controller as the Main Structural Design Pattern Web frameworks take advantage of most, if not all, design patterns.
That is why we have written this book. In fact, the differences between frameworks are not really obvious, and it takes some time and practical examples to see them and then harness them in business solutions. Let's begin with some most basic facts. 3. 3 Symfony logo Symfony was produced in a French web development company, Sensio Labs, by Fabien Potencier. First it was used for the development of its own applications and then in 2005 it was released as an open source project. Its name was “symfony,” but it is sometimes capitalized (as we do in this book) in order to make it more distinct.